[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: warjun

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Jun 3 08:12:26 PDT 2021

Klingon word: 	warjun
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	type of knife (used for food preparation)

(KGT 97):  a {warjun} is a large, extremely sharp, square-bladed chopping implement (but for its short handle, it would probably be considered a kind of {'obmaQ} ["ax"]).

(KGT 63f):  The traditional Klingon arsenal also includes the ax, an implement with a heavy, flattened blade mounted crosswise at the end of a handle.  The general term for ax is {'obmaQ}. Its handle is its {DeS} and its blade is its {ghIt}.  [....]  To wield or swing an ax is {Qach}.

 PUN:
(~mark, [date wanting]):  In the famous old [U.S.] TV series, "Leave It To Beaver", the family name of the Beaver (the protagonist, a little kid who got into trouble a lot) was Cleaver...  And the Beaver's parents?  Ward and June Cleaver.

SEE ALSO:
SIjwI' 		type of knife used for food preparation (lit. "slitter") (n)
naH taj  	vegetable/fruit knife (a small knife) (n)

rIv 		split (v)
  - “like an ax does to a watermelon” (Lieven, Hamletmachine)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen