[tlhIngan Hol] Callimachus Hymn IV To Delos excerpt

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Wed Jun 2 08:00:51 PDT 2021

On 6/2/2021 10:54 AM, mayqel qunen'oS wrote:
> (I can't find the words to describe how much I don't give a jay' about
> the "not using {-vIp} with first-person prefix unless there's a
> {-be'}" rule).

Well, think about it. The taboo doesn't say "don't use *-vIp* with a
first-person prefix unless there's a *-be'* on it." The rule actually
states, "This suffix is rarely used with a prefix meaning /I/ or /we./
Though it is grammatically correct, it is culturally taboo."

I don't care how (inappropriately) literally anyone wants to read that,
the obvious point of the taboo is to not admit fear. If you want to say
*pagh latlh be' ghop wIbamvIp,* you're not admitting fear; you're
denying fear.