[tlhIngan Hol] expressing "turn on the lights" and electricity terms

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 05:05:03 PDT 2021

lieven:
> So we get {'ul chu'Ha'lu'} "Electricity has been deactivated".
> Okay, you might argue that "gravity" is a device on a ship, but
> "electricity" is not. But still, I think it works.

I agree with your suggestion 100%! Perhaps it sounds strange in
english saying "someone disengaged, deactivated the electricity" but I
don't think that the klingon sounds strange.

I also thought of saying {QapHa' 'ul} although this gives me the
feeling that the electricity comes and goes, or that the voltage is
unsteady, or whatever..

And *still* no one told me, how the jay' you say it in english..

~ Dana'an