[tlhIngan Hol] qep'a' 2021 new word puns

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 16:05:29 PDT 2021

On Tue., Jul. 27, 2021, 02:39 James Landau, <savegraduation at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> HuDngech (sine) -- sounds like Chengdu backwards, although I'm not sure
> what Chengdu has to do with sine waves -- perhaps the prefix Sino- for
> Chinese?

You're overthinking this. {HuD} and {ngech} are the words for mountain and
valley.

ngur (to be autistic/Aspie) -- maybe "nerd"?

Ngurodivergent.

yelneHSIQ (vanadium) -- backwards, this is Chris Henley -- anyone have any
idea who Chris Henley is? Googling "'chris henley' vanadium" doesn't help.

Chris Henley is a friend of Marc Okrand and used to work with him at WSC
Avant Bard. I don't know why Okrand chose Henley's name for vanadium, but
he's honoured various people in his life with Klingon words not necessarily
related to their names over the years, so there might be no connection to
vanadium at all.

--
De'vID