[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: jonwI'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Jul 26 08:27:08 PDT 2021

Klingon Word of the Day for Monday, July 26, 2021

Klingon word:	jonwI'
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	engineer

(TKD, intro to the word list):  Sometimes one member of a set may be partially analyzed. For example, {jonta'} "engine" begins with {jon}, which is also found in {jonwI'} "engineer}, and ends with {ta'}, which also occurs in {mIqta'} "machinery."

(MO to Lieven, 1/09/2012): "Words for bricklayer, roof maker, plumber, and so on are all based on the verb {mutlh}, meaning "construct, assemble, put together".  Someone who does this, then, is a {mutlhwI'}.  […]  The idea is that a {mutlhwI'} puts things together.

SEE:
jonpIn  		engineering officer (n)
jonta' 		engine (n)
jonSeH yaH  	engineering (station on ship) (n)
jonta' pa'  	engineering (department/room on ship) (n)

SEE ALSO:
chamwI' 	technician (n)
tI'wI' 		[repairman)] (n)
tej 		scientist (n)

jom 		install (a device), equip (v)
leH 		maintain
tI' 		fix, repair (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen