[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ngach

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Jul 20 08:23:15 PDT 2021

Klingon word: 	ngach
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	debate
Source: 	TKD

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

SEE ALSO:
ghoH  		argue,  dispute (v)
Sutlh 		negotiate (v)
ja'chuq 		discuss, confer (v)
ghar 		conduct diplomacy (v)
tlhong 		barter, bargain (v)

qel 		consider (v)
meq 		reason, think logically (v)
qap 		insist
poQ 		demand (v)
tlhoch 		contradict (v)
qagh 		interrupt (v)
moS 		compromise (v)

Cf. idiom {jop 'ej way'} "have an argument" (KGT 115).

Cf. idiom {notlh tonSaw'lIj} "Your argument is invalid" (qep'a' 2012 via Felix Malmenbeck, 9/01/2012).

Not about debating stricto sensu, but good advice nonetheless:

   bISutlhnISchugh jaghlI' mInDu' tIbej
   If you must negotiate, watch your enemy's eyes. (TKW)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen