[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: HaS

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Jul 19 07:59:07 PDT 2021

Klingon Word of the Day for Sunday, July 18, 2021

Klingon word: HaS
Part of speech: verb
Definition: squeak
Source: qepHom 2018

(Lieven, qepHom 2018):  This is not only for animals. It can also be used for the sound an old door or a wooden chest does when you open it, if it's a sort of high pitch.

SEE:
Ham  		be high (in pitch) (v) qepHom 2018

SEE ALSO:
ghugh 		vocalize (by animals) (v)
ghughugh 	growl (v)

lojmIt  		door, hatch; gate, gateway (n)
DerlIq  		chest, crate, trunk (n)
'ut'at  		chest of drawers (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen