[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: beqquj

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Jul 14 08:45:44 PDT 2021

Klingon word: 	beqquj
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	type of mineral, *bekpuj* (orange in color)

Should be spelled {beqpuj}.

Doq 'ej beqpuj rur
(it) is Doq and resembles beqpuj.

Objects may be compared to something with a distinctive color:

(KGT 82):  If more specificity is necessary, the item in question is generally compared to something else that typically has a particular color. For example, {Doq 'ej beqpuj rur} means "(it) is {Doq} and resembles *bekpuj*," a common mineral that is bright orange.

SEE:
Doq  			be orange,  be red (v)

SEE ALSO:
cha'puj 			dilithium (n)
tlhIl 			mineral (n)
tera' na'ran 		   orange (n) (TNK)
   na'ran 		   type of fruit (n)
   tera' na'ran wIb 	   lemon (n) (TNK)
   tera' na'ran'a' 		   grapefruit (n) (TNK)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen