[tlhIngan Hol] expressing "turn on the lights" and electricity terms

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Thu Jul 22 02:19:34 PDT 2021

Am 22.07.2021 um 09:42 schrieb mayqel qunen'oS:
> Thanks for the ideas, but the thing I was wondering about was how
> you'd describe the "someone cut/cut off the electricity". I used the
> example with the switch, because I didn't know how you say in english
> the "someone has cut/stopped the electricity".

I would go with a parallel to the canon phrase from ST6:

   {tlham chu'Ha'lu'}
   "We've lost gravity!"
   (lit. "Gravity has been deactivated")

So we get {'ul chu'Ha'lu'} "Electricity has been deactivated".

Okay, you might argue that "gravity" is a device on a ship, but
"electricity" is not. But still, I think it works.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"