[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: pun

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Jul 12 07:28:34 PDT 2021

Klingon Word of the Day for Saturday, July 10, 2021

Klingon word: 	pun
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	be low (in pitch)
Source: 	qepHom 2018

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

(Lieven, qepHom 2018):  as in deep voice … These pitch words can also be used in music to talk about high and low tones.

SEE:
Ham  		be high (in pitch) (v) qepHom 2018
Hampun  	yodel (v) (qep’a’ 2020)
  - (qep’a’ 2020):  This is a two-syllable verb, and it’s slang

SEE ALSO:
HaS 		squeak (v)
  - (Lieven, qepHom 2018): is not only for animals. It can also be used for the sound an old door or a wooden chest does when you open it, if it's a sort of high pitch.

wab 		sound, noise (n)
ghogh  		voice (n)
QIch 		speech (vocal sounds) (n)
bom 		song/chant

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen