[tlhIngan Hol] Alice's Aventures in Wonderland

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Jul 7 07:48:19 PDT 2021

qaHoy'.  qaStaH boqHarmey!

-- Voragh

-----------------------------------Original Message-----------------------------------
From: Lieven L. Litaer
Sent: Wednesday, July 7, 2021 9:24 AM

I am proud to announce that I have completed my Klingon translation of „Alice's Adventures in Wonderland“ – entitled {QelIS boqHarmey}.

The choice for this piece of literature was not random; there is a direct connection Star Trek: We have seen Michael Burnham receive a copy of the book in „Star Trek: Discovery“, and she even quoted a few lines from it while running through narrow Jeffrie tubes. Exactly those line were seen in the Klingon subtitles on Netflix, so this was the base to translate the rest of the work, which now includes exactly those lines from the Klingon subtitles.

Good to know: The translation is bilingual Klingon plus a direct back-translation in English or German.

It will be available starting November 1st, 2021, but can be pre-ordered right now at the publisher's page and other online stores.

Publisher page:
https://www.ifubshop.com/star-trek-b%C3%BCcher/qelis-boqharmey-alice-im-wunderland-k-e/

General information:
https://alice.klingonisch.de