[tlhIngan Hol] negative imperatives with {not} imperatives with adverbs

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 04:58:29 PDT 2021

In english we say: "kneel!"/"never kneel!".

If we are to translate the above in klingon, then the "kneel" obviously
becomes "yItor", but what about the "never kneel!"?

Perhaps I'm influnced by greek on this matter, but I need to ask, since
this seems strange to me:

If we say in klingon {not yItor} for "never kneel", is it correct?

It's just that for some reason I can't seem to be able to describe, the
{not}/{yI-} combination seems strange.

And now that I'm thinking of this, could we say {reH yIHaD} for "always
study!"?

Again the adverb/imperative combination seems strange.

~ Dana'an