[tlhIngan Hol] thoughts on the verb {nI'}

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 05:16:17 PDT 2021

There's the verb {nI'} "be long, lengthy (duration)"; so the question is
"what does it take as a subject"?

A little bird told me, that there's the paq'batlh example of {Qobbogh may'
nI' jun}, which shows that the {nI'} *can* take an event as a subject.

So, so far so good.. But this led me to wonder.. Could the verb {nI'} take
as a subject the noun {poH}? And if yes, then what would be the difference
between {poH nI'} and {poH vItlh}?

~ Dana'an
an alien language crawling with terran puns; hahaha