[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: jIv

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri Jan 8 07:12:23 PST 2021

Klingon Word of the Day for Friday, January 08, 2021

Klingon word: 	jIv
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	be ignorant
Source: 	TKD

CULTURAL NOTES:
(KGT 94):  If a dish with a standard preparation technique (a {nay' motlh}, "usual dish") is being offered, asking how it is to be prepared is a demonstration of cultural ignorance.

SEE:
QIp 		be stupid (v)

val 		be smart, clever, intelligent (v)
Sov 		know (v)
po' 		be expert, skilled (v)
'um 		be qualified (v)

"The ignorant can be educated, but stupid is forever." (Aristophanes?)
"Beauty fades; dumb is forever." (often quoted by Judge Judy Sheindlin)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen