[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: baw'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Jan 19 07:06:29 PST 2021

Klingon Word of the Day for Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Klingon word: baw'
Part of speech: verb
Definition: be comfortable, be feeling prepared, be confident
Source: qep'a' 24  [2017]

(qurgh, 7/2017):  As in being comfortable going on a journey or comfortable about an upcoming battle.

SEE:
baw'Ha'  	be uncomfortable,  be worried,  be hesitant (v) (qep'a' 2017)

(qurgh, 7/2017): “As in being uncomfortable going on a journey or un comfortable about an upcoming battle.

CULTURAL NOTES:
  "As you practice speaking, remember:  Speak Klingon boldly; do not be meek or hesitant. This could be interpreted as a sign of weakness, a less than admirable trait among Klingons." (CK)

 "Klingons are generally apprehensive about those showing too much friendship." (KGT 202f.)

SEE ALSO:
jot  		be calm (v)
bel 		be pleased (v)
Quch 		be happy (v)
yon 		be satisfied (v)
jeQ 		be self-confident (v)
tIv 		enjoy (v)

bIt 		be nervous, uneasy (v)
jotHa' 		be uneasy (v)
belHa' 		be displeased (v)
QuchHa' 	be unhappy (v)
'IQ 		be sad (v)
'It 		be depressed (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen