[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: taHqeq

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Tue Jan 19 23:09:14 PST 2021

Am 20.01.2021 um 07:53 schrieb De'vID:
> Amazing. I wonder how many tidbits like this are floating around in
> miscellaneous articles (HolQeD, newsgroup postings) which most people
> aren't aware of? I've been quite meticulous in collecting these things
> (and documenting them in the {boQwI'} database), but I've somehow missed
> this. Someone really needs to make an updated edition to The Klingon
> Dictionary which incorporates information like this.

This idea pops up every few years, and it's surely a good idea. It just
has two major problems:

a) Copyright issue, since they simply won't allow us to do it. (And this
conserns not only CBS. HolQeD also has a copyright notice)

b) It's a hell of work to compile all that information. This is not only
about collecting the information; to have it in a kind of
book/collection, it needs hours and hours of formatting, spell checking,
layout, design etc.

The only solution that seems to be working is what we are doing right
now: try to set up an online compendium, like you do with boQwI', and I
do with my Klingon Wiki. An honestly, coming back to problem "b": How
many people do you really have in your team working on boQwI'? I have
given up asking people for assistance for my wiki. :-(

http://klingon.wiki/Word/taHkek

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"