[tlhIngan Hol] boQwI' {qav} vs klingon.wiki {qav}

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 03:29:33 PST 2021

boQwI' entry on the {qav'ap}:

"It's not clear what ?qav (v) means by itself, but it's possible that
this was shortened from qavmeH 'ap (n) or something like that at some
point in the past".

klingon.wiki entry on {qav} (n) from the page
http://klingon.wiki/En/NewWordsQepHom2020:

"Maltz didn't know what qav by itself was, but he said he wouldn't be
surprised to learn that qav'ap was shortened from qavmeH 'ap or
something like that at some point in the past".

In boQwI' the {qav} is listed as a verb, but in klingon.wiki it's
classified as a noun.

I'd go with the boQwI' version since the {-meH}'ed clause it's
associated with, but what the jay', I thought I should verify anyways.

~ Dana'an