[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Dojmey

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Jan 19 12:00:37 PST 2021

Klingon Word of the Day for Saturday, January 16, 2021

Klingon word: Dojmey
Part of speech: noun
Definition: mass, masses, multitude, a very large but indeterminate group of something (people or otherwise)
Source: Star Trek Into Darkness, qepHom 2013

'ej Dojmey wID -- vInDa'ma' peq.
He has killed many of our people.
 ("and he massacred multitudes - he slaughtered our compatriots") STID

(Lieven, 11/11/2013):  This word is derived from {Doj} "batch, pile, heap, accumulation" plus {-mey}, the general plural suffix.  Even if referring only to beings capable of using language, one would normally not say {Dojpu'}.

SEE:
Doj  			batch, pile, heap, accumulation (n)
qoq De'wI' Dojmey 	botnet (n)

SEE ALSO:
Doch 			thing (n)
'aH 			paraphernalia (n)
tlhoQ 			conglomeration (n)
ghom 			group (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen