[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: qengHoD

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Jan 6 08:14:05 PST 2021

Klingon Word of the Day for Friday, January 01, 2021

Klingon word: 	qengHoD
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	treasure, booty, plunder, swag, loot
Source:		qep'a' 25 [2018]

(qep'a' 2018):  context determines the best translation. If there’s a lot of stuff,  the plural form {qengHoDmey} is often (but not necessarily) used. The resemblance to “Captain Kang” is coincidental, but, even so, Kang’s crew was careful to never say {qengHoDmey} when he was around

SEE:
tev 		prize (n)
mIp 		wealth, richness (n)
qav'ap 		sum (of money) (n)
pop 		reward (n)
van'a' 		award (n)

nIH  		steal (v)
HeJ		rob (v)
qor  		scavenge (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen