[tlhIngan Hol] Maybe beginning to understand...

RE Andeen eric.andeen at outlook.com
Thu Feb 11 10:59:45 PST 2021

mumonmoH QInvam. qechlIj vIparHa'qu'

pagh

From: tlhIngan-Hol <tlhingan-hol-bounces at lists.kli.org> On Behalf Of Will Martin
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2021 10:58 AM
To: tlhingan-hol at kli.org
Subject: [tlhIngan Hol] Maybe beginning to understand...

For me {reH latlh qabDaq qul tuj law’ Hoch tuj puS} has always been cryptic. So, I’ve said something that is in error and I’m embarrassed. Why would I say that the fire is always hottest on someone else’s face?

It’s probably just one of those things that people say and nobody knows why, but…

It occurs to me that hidden meaning might exist...

So, it’s a cold night and we’re at camp and there’s a nice warm fire. We know that Klingons don’t like the cold. I mean they really, REALLY don’t like the cold.

So, the fire warms our faces, and that’s a nice thing.

At different times, different ones of us get to be near the fire and feel that warmth…

… but some of us feel like we are always left out in the cold…

So, the fire always warms other faces more than it warms mine…

… because here I am, always saying something stupid and getting shunned by the cool people who get to stand next to the fire.

charghwI’ vaghnerya’ngan

rInpa’ bomnIS be’’a’ pI’.