[tlhIngan Hol] law' puS with the -taHvIS and type-9 clauses preceding each element

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Tue Feb 16 06:52:47 PST 2021

We’ll just have to disagree.

You are rejecting my point simply because you don’t like the conclusion. You are determined to press your case fixating on the MEANING of a Replacement Proverb, which we cannot understand because it’s an ancient proverb fossilized and repeated until nobody knows what it means, but they know when to say it, like responding to a surprising revelation in English with, “How about that!”, which uses a combination of words that make no sense together whatsoever, but we all know “what it means” because we’ve witnessed so many people utter it under similar circumstances.

So, here’s your new assignment:

Explain what “How about that!” means in English, breaking down the grammar and explaining the choice of each word in relation to the meaning of the sentence.

When you can do that, I will be eagerly reading your insightful deconstruction of Klingon Replacement Proverbs.

charghwI’ vaghnerya’ngan

rInpa’ bomnIS be’’a’ pI’.