[tlhIngan Hol] literal meaning of the {net jalchugh}

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 05:06:08 PST 2021

Suppose I write: SuvwI'na' SoH net jalchugh, vaj bISuvqang.

There are two options with regards to this sentence.

Option A: The literal meaning of this sentence is "if you were a true
warrior, you'd be willing to fight".

Option B: The literal meaning of the sentence is "if one imagines that
you're a true warrior, you're willing to fight".

In option A, the {net jalchugh} gives to the sentence the literal meaning
of irrealis.

In option B, there's no irrealis as far as the literal translation of the
sentence is concerned, but we read and understand it as irrealis because
maltz said so.

So what's the correct option?

~ Dana'an
remain klingon