[tlhIngan Hol] is the choice between -Daq and -vaD influenced by the way something is given?

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Mon Feb 15 07:19:58 PST 2021

To be honest, when I read {yaSvaD taj vIqem}, I envisioned someone walking with the officer on his beat, carrying the officer’s knife, ready to hand it to him whenever he requested it. I would have used {-Daq} if you really meant that you were some place other than near the officer and you carried the knife to the location of the officer in order to participate in the event of giving the knife to the officer. More explicitly, I would have said {yaSvaD taj vInobmeH yaSDaq taj vIqem.}

charghwI’ vaghnerya’ngan

rInpa’ bomnIS be’’a’ pI’.