[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: 'angweD

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Feb 8 07:27:20 PST 2021

Klingon Word of the Day for Saturday, February 06, 2021

Klingon word: 	'angweD
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	museum
Source: 	qepHom 2016

logh chal je ‘angweD
planetarium (qepHom 2016)

logh chal je ‘angweD qach
planetarium (building) (qepHom 2016)

SEE:
'ang  		show,  reveal (v)
qach 		building (n)

SEE ALSO
bey' 		ceremonial display (n)
vIqraq 		artifact, work of art (n)
roSqa' 		archaeological artifact (n)
'agh 		show, demonstrate, display (v)

POSSIBLE PUN:
“I wonder whether the similarity between Klingon {'angweD} ‘museum’ and Welsh *amgueddfa* ‘museum’ is coincidental. (The latter is formed from *amguedd* ‘treasure, (valuable) property, rarity’ + *-fa* ‘place’.)” (Philip Newton, 3/31/2017)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen