[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: tarngeb

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Wed Feb 3 07:58:03 PST 2021

Am 03.02.2021 um 16:40 schrieb Steven Boozer:
> Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
>      Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen
>      behind in updating my files and adding cross-references for related words.

 From qepHom 2020:

This seems to be made up of tar "poison" and ngeb "be fake," but Maltz
had no idea why this element would be called "fake poison," so maybe
it's just a coincidence.
(http://klingon.wiki/Word/Tarngeb)

See also: {targho'nI'} "tungsten":

Here's another element that seems to have something to do with poison
(tar), though Maltz didn't know what gho'nI' might mean. He said he'd
never noticed a connection between poison and some elements before and
doesn't know what to make of it. Did Klingons at some point use uranium
and/or tungsten to make poison?
(http://klingon.wiki/Word/Targho-nI-)

Find a list of Elements on this page:
http://klingon.wiki/En/Chemistry