[tlhIngan Hol] differentiating between fruit and vegetable

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Tue Feb 2 06:49:56 PST 2021

Am 02.02.2021 um 15:17 schrieb mayqel qunen'oS:
> Since we have just one word for both "fruit" *and* "vegetable", how in
> the glorious name of qeylIS the unforgettable are we supposed to say
> "the alien loves fruits, but hates vegetables"?

That's really agood question, and maybe there is even a word for this.
But until we find out, I would simply make te difference by describing
the fruit using adjectives, as in

{naH tIv nov, 'ach naH wIb par}

Of course that's not clear, since not all naH wIb are vegetables.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"