[tlhIngan Hol] hard truths about the future

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 05:27:09 PST 2021

jIH:
> 1. If a member of that committee is hired by lets say a software
> company, in order to translate something for them, and a new word is
> needed, then what will that committee member think of first? The needs
> of the language, or the needs of his bank account?
ghunchu'wI':
> I realize you meant this as a hypothetical

Yes, you're right. It's just a hypothetical question. And I'd like to
clarify, that in no way am I referring to specific people anywhere on
this thread (with the exception of the names I've already written).
Nor am I indirectly describing anyone in particular. Everything
written in this thread by me were my personal thoughts, and it was
nowhere my intention to portray specific people.

ghunchu'wI':
> you can look at the real life examples of people who do Klingon translations for hire,
> and you can observe the results. Among people who are recognized as experts in Klingon,
> the first duty is to the *language*.

I'm very happy to hear that.

ghunchu'wI':
> Seriously.

I believe you. In the past, we often may have misunderstood each
other, and repeatedly argued too, but I've never doubted your honesty.
I truly believe that you always speak the truth, and I respect that.

- bIlugh. ghu'mo' vIjalpu'bogh jISIvchoHpu'. qaS wanI'vam neH. 'ej DaH
vay' vIQIjnISchu' je: qaStaHvIS QIn tlheghvam, 'op pongmey vIjatlhpu',
'a pagh latlh vIDelpu'. pagh nuv luDel mu'wIj. buSHachmeywIj tlhIn
vISovmoHpu', 'ej not vay' le' vIDelpu'.
- mu'meyvam Dajatlhmo', jIbel.
- qaHar. pa'logh roD mayajHa'chuqpu', 'ej maSolpu'. teH. 'a bIyuDHa',
'ej not 'e' vIHon. reH bIvIt 'e' vIHarchu', 'ej bIvItmo', qavuv.

--
Dana'an
https://sacredtextsinklingon.wordpress.com/