[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: paSlogh tuQ DaS

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Dec 15 08:02:20 PST 2021

Klingon word: 	paSlogh tuQ DaS
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	be inside-out
Source: 	qep'a' 28 [2021]

Literally: "the boot wears socks"

(qep’a 2021):  Maltz thought there might be a single word for this, but he could only remember this commonly used idiom. In usage, this might be preceded by something like {ghIH wep} (or {Soy' wep}) "the shirt is sloppy/disheveled”

Another phrase with {paSlogh}:

(De'vID < MO, 1/22/2016):  {paSlogh} is an inherently plural noun, grammatically singular.  {tu'mI'} the word for one sock.  The usual way to say pair of socks is {paSlogh chang'eng};  {tu'mI' chang'eng} is odd, but if you said it, you'd be understood.

SEE:
paSlogh		socks (pl. n.)
tuQ		wear (clothes) (v)
DaS		boot (n)

SEE ALSO:
yoy 		be upside down, inverted (v)
taH 		be at a negative angle (v)
chong 		be vertical (v)
SaS 		be horizontal (v)
tom 		be tilted (v)
qaw’ 		tip/flip over (v)
Dop 		be opposite, antithetical, contradictory (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last