[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: la'quv

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri Dec 3 07:32:22 PST 2021

Klingon word: 	la'quv
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	Supreme Commander

(KGT 52):  The highest military officer, the head of the Klingon High Command, is the {la'quv}, usually translated Supreme Commander. There are nine ranks of officers (yaSpu') serving under the {la'quv}, and below them are the troops (QaS), including some with titles.

(KGT 126):  In Shakespeare's original Klingon version of {HenrI' vagh}, known in Federation Standard as "Henry V", {HenrI'}, the Supreme Commander, gets into an argument with one of his troops the night before a great battle.

SEE:
la'  		commander (n)
la''a'  		commandant (n)

SEE ALSO:
jaghla' 		enemy commander (n)
ghol  		opponent, adversary; player (in a game) (n)
HI' 		dictator (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last