[tlhIngan Hol] expressing baby animals (and words for dog)

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri Dec 3 07:09:51 PST 2021

Well whatever it is, it’s noisy – {chuS} “be noisy”.

"A rodent that mostly lives underground and makes an annoying noise." (KEBH [ie. “Klingon Empire: A Burning House” series])  It was first referenced in Keith R.A. DeCandido's novel “Enemy Territory”.  The spelling was vetted by Okrand in DeCandido's “The Klingon Art of War”.

I’d forgotten about this one as well.  Has anyone other than DeCandido used it?

Voragh

From: tlhIngan-Hol On Behalf Of mayqel qunen'oS
I wonder how the {chuSwI'} fits in all this, which I was under the impression that it's a mouse/rat thing.