[tlhIngan Hol] expressing baby animals (and words for dog)

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Wed Dec 1 12:26:52 PST 2021

Am 01.12.2021 um 21:15 schrieb SuStel:
> "The translation /titmouse/ is really only an approximation of what this
> word means. A *Qa'Hom* is a small animal considered rather
> insignificant. The word literally means /little *Qa'.*/ A *Qa'* is a
> larger, more dangerous animal. A *Qa'Hom* is not a young *Qa',* but it
> does bear a vague resemblance to its namesake." (KCD)

For the record, it should be mentioned that on the KCD, there was an
image of a hedgehog to explain what a {Qa'Hom} is.

A titmouse on the other hand is a bird.

I suppose the producers or the writers mixed this up and thought that a
titmouse is a mouse.

After all, Okrand explained in HolQeD (and to me in person) that the
{Qa'Hom} is not a bird.

See the image here:
http://klingon.wiki/Word/Qa-Hom

--