[tlhIngan Hol] Beginner's text and questions

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri Aug 20 09:29:49 PDT 2021

Luis, sorry I didn't respond right away but I wanted to research this a bit:  How to refer to more than one "purpose noun"?  AFAIK we only have three plural examples.

The general plural is formed - as you would expect - by adding the usual plural suffix to the noun:

   'elmeH chaw'mey je'lu'ta'bogh
   will-call tickets  (Washington Shakespeare Company)

   je'meH lengmey
   Shopping (TalkNow: a "Category Title")

When there is a number stated the number is inserted between the VERB + {-meH} and the noun which has the plural suffix:

   polmeH jav QujwI' lIwmey
   6 collectible tokens (Monopoly)

As always remember that plural suffixes are optional in Klingon, especially with a number (which makes it clear there's more than one).

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons