[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: mayqar

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Aug 30 07:19:31 PDT 2021

Klingon Word of the Day for Sunday, August 29, 2021

Klingon word: 	mayqar
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	braid, knotwork
Source: 	qep'a' 27

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

(Lieven, 11/12/2014):  After giving us the word for knitting, Maltz just revealed another useful and related word: it's {meS} and means knot, both as noun and verb. The object of the verb is the thing you use to make a knot, e.g. {tlhegh vImeS} - "I make a knot in the rope".  To loosen the knot, simply say {meSHa'}.

SEE ALSO:
meS 		knot (n)
tlhegh  		line,  rope (n)
SIrgh 		string, thread, filament (n)
qoSta' 		ribbon, tape (n)

meS 		knot (v)
bagh 		tie (v)
nIq 		weave, knit (v)
rar 		connect, attach (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen