[tlhIngan Hol] Beginner's text and questions

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Tue Aug 24 10:19:51 PDT 2021

It should be noted that omitting the verb prefix {lu-} is probably the single most common grammatical error in the language. Okrand has done it in canon multiple times.

It’s akin to screwing up “who” vs. “whom” in English. Anyone “who” knows the rules knows when to use “whom”, but might mindlessly screw up anyway, and others simply never get it right, in English always using “who” or in Klingon always using the null prefix for all third person subject verbs, even when the subject is plural and the object is singular.

An error is still an error, but it’s a common error.

-charghwI’, retired.