[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: 'ergh

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Apr 19 08:29:29 PDT 2021

Klingon Word of the Day for Monday, April 19, 2021

Klingon word: 	'ergh
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	hallucinate
Source: 	qep'a' 27 [2020]

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

(qep’a’ 2020 Q&A [03:40]: [can take an object, like hallucinate a dream]

CULTURAL NOTE:
  The Rite of MajQa is a ritual involving deep meditation in the lava caves of the planet No'Mat. Prolongued exposure to the heat is believed to induce a hallucinatory effect." (TNG "Birthright I")

SEE ALSO:
Qong  		sleep,  be sleeping (v)
Dum		nap (v)
naj 		dream (v)
vul		be unconscious (v)
vong		hypnotize

Suchtuv 	dream, hallucination (n)
robwIl 		nightmare (n)
luvnup 		daydream (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen