[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: qoch'uq

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri Apr 9 08:33:07 PDT 2021

Klingon word: 	qoch'uq
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	rubber
Source: 	qep'a' 26  [2019]

(qep’a’ 2019):  “The gummy material”

(qepHom 2015):  A stamp (rubber stamp, a tool/device, not postage stamp) is a {toqwIn}. To use a stamp, you ink it up and then you {Dut} it ("slam [it] down"). The word for ink is {rItlh}, and the ink pad is called {rItlh 'echlet} ... To ink up a rubber stamp is to {laS} it.

PUN:
" *Caoutchouc* is rubber which hasn't been vulcanized.” (De’vID)

SEE ALSO:
QujmeH moQ 	ball (n) (TNK)
 ‘et 		bounce, rebound, ricochet (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen