[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: jeqqIj

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Apr 19 06:46:20 PDT 2021

Klingon Word of the Day for Sunday, April 18, 2021

Klingon word: 	jeqqIj
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	club, bludgeon

(KGT 65ff):  The most ancient and primitive of the Klingon weapons is the {jeqqIj}, the club or bludgeon. This weapon is made of wood, sometimes with inlaid rocks, and is heavier at one end than the other. Included in this category is the {ghanjaq}, often translated as mace, a club with a metal head, sometimes sporting spikes ({DuQwI'mey}).  As with axes, to wield or swing a club is {Qach}.

 (KGT 63f):  The general term for ax is {'obmaQ}. Its handle is its {DeS} and its blade is its {ghIt} ... A double-headed ax is a {jey'naS}, while an ax with an added spike at the end is a {'alngegh}. To wield or swing an ax is {Qach}.

PUN:  a "black jack"

SEE:
Qang naQ	chancellor's cane (n) (MKE).
  - (KGT 66 ill.):  Chancellor Gorkon ... carried a ceremonial staff that takes its form from the ancient {jeqqIj}.

SEE ALSO:
jeq  		protrude from (v)
naQ  		cane, staff, stick; (rifle) stock/butt (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen