[tlhIngan Hol] expressing goddess

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Mon Apr 12 05:56:43 PDT 2021

On 4/12/2021 8:32 AM, mayqel qunen'oS wrote:
> qen jIHvaD qay'choHpu' vay': Holqoqvam vIlo'taHvIS,  chay' "goddess"
> vIDellaH? {Qun} tu'lu', 'ej "god, supernatural being" 'oS mu'vam; 'a
> "goddess" 'oSlaH'a' je?

The word for /goddess/ is *Qun.* It's a genderless word.

In English, what is the word for a female captain? It's /captain./ It's
a genderless word.

Nobody demands that we invent a word /captainess/ — in fact, English is
slowly losing its gendered occupation words — so why would you want a
Klingon word for /goddess/ in a language that already doesn't have any
gendered occupation words?

If you want to make sure your audience knows the entity is female, just
say so. *be' ghaH Qun'e'.*