[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: voHDajbo'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Apr 1 08:58:53 PDT 2021

Klingon word:	 voHDajbo'
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	ransom

Meaning extended to "mortgage" in Klingon Monopoly:

voHDajbo' qav'ap
mortgage value  (MKE)

voHDajbo' wellu' 200
Mortgaged for 200.  (MKE)

yervamvaD voHDajbo' wellu'chugh, 'echletHom Dopvam yIcha'
Card must be turned this side up if property is mortgaged. (MKE)

SEE ALSO:
vub 		hostage (n)
quch 		kidnap (v)

rup 		fine/tax (v)
ghaq 		contribute (v)
nob 		give (v)
DIl 		pay for (v)
ngIp 		borrow, hire [i.e. rent] (v)
wel 		owe (someone) (v)

van 		tribute (n)
nob 		gift (n)
pop 		reward (n)
qav'ap 		value, rent, sum/amount [of money] (n)
ghogh'ot  	bill/payment request (n)
  - (qepHom 2015):  Here are some more words related to paper: [...] A bill, a
     payment request, something you must pay, is a {ghogh'ot}.

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen