[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: DughrI'

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 01:10:18 PDT 2020

On Fri, 18 Sep 2020 at 09:52, Lieven L. Litaer <levinius at gmx.de> wrote:

> Am 18.09.2020 um 09:40 schrieb De'vID:
> >     Pun: Skulduggery (1970 film)
> >

> > Why do you believe that it is a reference specifically to this film?
> > Does it have some connection to Dr. Okrand or any of the cast or crew
> > who worked on Star Trek?
>
> No clue, it's just a personal guess. I know there are several things
> related to this word; My only reference is that Okrand usually refers to
> older films from that time period. It's more likely than that he thought
> of the 2007 novel.

But why isn't the *word itself* a sufficient pun?

If I was told that it is indeed a Hollywood reference, my guess would've
been the musical by that name, which tells the prequel to Hamlet:
https://www.discoverhollywood.com/Discover-Hollywood-Blog/2016/October/Skullduggery-A-Musical-Prequel-to-Hamlet-.aspx

But I don't think anything other than the word "skullduggery" itself is
needed to explain the pun.

--
De'vID