[tlhIngan Hol] can I say "they obey the jurisdiction of their superiors" ?

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Sep 29 11:48:25 PDT 2020

Here’s what I have in my notes from Felix:

(Felix Malmenbeck, 1/08/2018):  Star Trek XI did indeed have Klingon dialogue - written by Marc Okrand - in two deleted scenes:  The Klingons capturing the Narada, and Nero on Rura Penthe.  In the former, the dialogue is quite clear.  In the second, it's very difficult to understand; it may have been copied and pasted from several cuts.  At qepHom 2011, when I told Marc we'd been trying to figure out what was being said, he replied with “Good luck!”.  There is no known official transcript, and I can no longer find the first of the two scenes online, but it should be on pretty much any DVD/Blu-Ray of the film.  On a previous attempt to transcribe the Narada capture scene, I arrived at:

     nISbogh Duj!
     tlhIngan wo' Daq'a'/teblaw' bo'elpu'!
     jonta' bochu'qa'chugh 'ej tIjwI'ghom bovanrupbe'chugh vaj reQaw'. "
        [….]
     You have entered the jurisdiction [“territory”?] of the Klingon Empire.
--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons