[tlhIngan Hol] pluralizing body parts detached from the body

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Thu Oct 15 06:31:40 PDT 2020

Am 15.10.2020 um 15:16 schrieb SuStel:
> The question then becomes whether turning body parts into food changes
> them from body parts to non-body parts. My initial reaction is no: we
> have *tIqnagh lemDu'*/tknag hooves/ from KCD. I can't think of any other
> food item from a body part that has been pluralized in canon.

This confusion was addressed at qepHom interview 2018 with Okrand. When
I mentioned the "detached"-idea of chicken wings as a food item, and
asked if they should not take the suffix -Du', Okrand clearly answered
"Why not? They're still wings!"

So at least foor food items, they are considered body parts — even when
detached.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"