[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ghojmoH

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Oct 13 09:17:45 PDT 2020

Klingon Word of the Day for Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Klingon word: ghojmoH
Part of speech: verb
Definition: teach, instruct

batlh qaghojmoHpu'
It has been an honor to instruct you. CK

batlh qaghojmoH
It has been an honor to instruct you. PK

ghojwI'pu' chu' ghojmoH jatlhwI'pu' po'qu'.
(MO qepHom 2013 greetings)

mughojmoH parmaqqaywI'
(STID deleted line)

QIt ghaHvaD yIn Hegh je vIghojmoH ‘ej ‘oy’ SIQ ghaH
And teach him life and death, the slow and painful way!  (PB)

SuvwI' DameH puqloDwI' vIghojHa'moH DaH 'e' vItlhoj
I see now, I have failed to raise my son a man. (PB)

vulqan Hol jatlhlaHmeH Mr. Spock, vIghojmoHta'
[I taught Mr. Spock how to speak Vulcan] (ASM)

qum DuSaQmeyDaq 'Irghbe'meH ghotpu' nabmey ghojmoH...
In public schools, it teaches procedures so that people don't bully... (PCHC)

SEE:
ghojmoHwI'  	teacher (n)

(qepHom 2016):  The regular word for teacher is {ghojmoHwI'}. A teacher held in high esteem, of higher rank than other teachers in the same institution, could be {ghojmoHwI' quv} or {ghojmoHwI' Han} ... Probably the highest standing of all is a {'a'ghen}, which can be translated as "master teacher" or "professor".

SEE ALSO:
pon 		persuade, convince (v)
Han  		be learned, scholarly,  erudite (v)

tel'em 		mentor (n)
'a'ghen		master teacher, professor (n)
paQDI'norgh 	teachings (n)
Qul 		research (n)