[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: 'enteD

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Oct 8 08:59:49 PDT 2020

Klingon Word of the Day for Thursday, October 08, 2020

Klingon word: 'enteD
Part of speech: noun
Definition: drug
Source: qep'a' 27  [2020]

(qep’a’ 2020 notes):  Most {‘enteDmey} are used ritualistically, but recreational use is not unheard of (as with alcohol).

CULTURAL NOTES:

B'Ellana burned some incense in her quarters, a "combination of mental relaxant and expeller of demons. It's an ancient Klingon remedy. Janeway replies, "Interesting fragrance. I'm surprised it hasn't set off the environmental alarms." (VOY "Nothing Human")

{Dargh wIb} (sour tea) may be a Klingon heartburn, indigestion or hangover remedy. (CK)

Klingon agent Kras told Maab, "What did they [the Federation] give you? Liquids and powders for the sick! We Klingons believe as you do. The sick should die, only the strong should live." (TOS "Friday's Child")

SEE ALSO:
Hergh  			medicine (n)
Hergh ngevwI' 	 	chemist (i.e. apothecary,  pharmacist) (n)
Hergh qengbogh yo'  	relief convoy (n)
Hergh QaywI'  		pneumatic hypo (medical device) (n)
nuch Hergh 		aspirin (n)

vor 			cure (v)

--
Voragh