[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: yay

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Oct 5 06:59:55 PDT 2020

You're right.  That makes more sense.  I thought it might be a case of extreme poetic licence.  yIvoq 'ach yI'ol!

BTW, I recently learned that the Russian original -- Доверяй, но проверяй! -- was a favorite saying of Stalin for various NKVD chiefs referring to people, not databases.  Which puts an entirely different spin on it.

Thanks for the correction.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons