[tlhIngan Hol] weight of cheb

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Wed Oct 28 23:34:27 PDT 2020

Am 29.10.2020 um 03:01 schrieb De'vID:
> It is commonly assumed that a {cheb'a'} is 9 {cheb}, but Dr. Okrand did
> not explicitly state this. He only said that "most units" of measure had
> forms with {-'a'} added to mean 9 times. The report of that conversation
> is here:
> https://www.kli.org/tlhIngan-Hol/1999/February/msg00061.html

   ^ ^ ^ ^
This is exactly the kind of answer I needed. Thanks!

> You are most certainly using the wrong definition of "KT".

That's what I had assumed. I still keep believing that international
standards have reached the entire world. ;-)

> If you use an American "short" ton and assume a factor of 9, you get:

Thanks for calculating this for me. I had tried all of those ways and
came to the same result, but my "internal Sheldon" did not accept such a
large difference.

> Presumably, the difference is between the gravity on Qo'noS and the
> gravity on Earth, since "pounds" are a unit of weight, not mass.

Oh yes, people keep mixing these up all the time.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"