[tlhIngan Hol] Pronunciation of words ending in "ngan"

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Mon Oct 5 08:43:24 PDT 2020

While we enjoy working in the fantasy world of the Klingon race as real, it’s good to keep in mind that Okrand works with actors, directors, and makeup artists (the the prosthetic teeth that Klingon actors often, but not always wear), and whatever shows up on the movie screen is always right. This is how we got {HIja’/HISlaH}.

Okrand can make up rules for syllabic emphasis, but if an actor mauls the pronunciation, emphasis, or natural speech rhythm, it becomes canon.

taH pagh…. [long pause] … taHbe’!

charghwI’ vaghnerya’ngan

rInpa’ bomnIS be’’a’ pI’.