[tlhIngan Hol] {yInSIp} and {voQSiP} (oxygen and nitrogen)

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Oct 5 07:22:16 PDT 2020

Another lexicalized {SIp} noun is {julSIp} “helium” from qepHom 2015.  Examples of how such nouns have been used:

  nIn: rugh bIQSIp
  Fuel - Anti Hydrogen. (KBoP Poster)

  nIn: bIQSIp 'ugh
  Fuel - Deuterium Isotope. (KBoP Poster)

[Both types of fuel are listed on the poster?  For both the warp and impulse drives?]

  yoq yIn yuQ 'oH Qo'noS'e'.  yInSIp voQSIp je ngaS muDDaj.
  Qo'noS is a class-M planet with an oxygen/nitrogen atmosphere. (S27)

  cha’ bIQSIp HeySelmey, wa’ yInSIp HeySel je yugh bIQ ’o’rIS.
  The water molecule consists of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen
   atom.  (Lieven, OK'd by MO at qepHom 2015)

--
Voragh