[tlhIngan Hol] qIbmajDaq lengtaH rIjHa’bogh yuQ

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Oct 29 13:51:24 PDT 2020

“A rogue planet is floating through our galaxy“
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/rogue-planet-galaxy-milky-way-earth-gravitational-microlensing-b1422594.html

I had previously coined the term *{lengbogh yuQ} for a rogue planet but instead went with {rIjHa’} “be adrift” as I didn’t want to use {leng} twice in the same sentence.  Also, our two known verbs for “float” -- {‘al} “float (in/on air)”  and {‘ay} “float (in/on water or other liquids) -- don’t fit floating in vacuum, so again I opted for {leng} “which is travel with or without a special purpose” (Lieven 11/11/2013).

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons