[tlhIngan Hol] weight of cheb

Alan Anderson qunchuy at alcaco.net
Thu Oct 29 13:55:57 PDT 2020

It’s true that most scales we use are “not legal for trade”, and measure force without regard for local variations in gravitational acceleration.

In order to be legal for trade, a scale must be calibrated and certified. The process of doing so involves using a known mass. A calibrated scale *does* compare the object being weighed against that mass, albeit indirectly.

-- ghunchu'wI'